My hero is quite weird. In fact, he is not a real
hero, but a character called Saitama (“One Punch Man”). He looks pretty
strange but he inspires me in my life and I will explain why.
First, he proves to me that nothing is impossible
if we give ourselves the means. In the manga, Saitama has a job. One day, to
help a child, he fights a villain. After beating the bad guy, Saitama decides to
become a superhero! He trains hard for three years to become the strongest man
in the world.
My dream job is to become a veterinarian and I
know if I don’t work really hard to that end, I will never become what I want
to be. The only means for to accomplish my aim is to never give up and do like
Saitama: work hard every day!
Saitama is also a hero for me because he has a
positive mind-set. I have two examples to show what I mean:
First, in the manga, Saitama is hated by everybody,
but, for him, that does not matter: he continues to do what he likes to do. For
me, that is an example to follow. Even if everybody says you are no good or that
you will not make anything of your life, just keep going on your way and don’t
listen to people who want to discourage you. I have a personal example and it’s
about my brother. He always wanted to become an engineer but all of his
professors said he would never make it. So, what did he do? Did he give up? No!
He plucked up all his courage, worked like crazy, and now: he is an engineer!
Second, Saitama is always loyal to his one friend, Genos. Seitama helps
him in a lot of things like training sessions or more mundane things but he is
always there if Genos needs his help. That attitude is important for me because
it is a philosophy I follow. Like Saitama, I have few friends but if I ask them
for something they will always say yes because we support each other and are always
there for each other.
I really like Saitama’s “design”. He is not flashy like Superman, Batman
or Spiderman... He just wears a yellow costume, a white cape, and red gloves
and boots. He is bald, and his eyes are white ovals with black dots in the
middle. And, for me, his appearance represents his personality: he is simple.
In fact, he’s an example for me because, in my own experience, I have been
disappointed with social networks like Facebook, Snapchat or Twitter, because
everybody wants to become the most “popular” person on these platforms; however,
their main function is just to chat with others, isn’t it? Becoming “liked”on
the web does not interest me. Saitama doesn’t play at being a superhero to
become popular; he does it because he loves what he does. And I’m pretty happy
to know that Saitama, and the Magaka who created him, think like me. The artist
created “One Punch Man” because he just loves drawing and writing and not to
become famous: he is a also a simple guy like me!
For me, Saitama is a real hero, a human hero. He became what he wanted
to be through will-power and his convictions. A lot of things about him are
like me. He is my model!

No comments:
Post a Comment